I've never used any Ubiquity product ever and its mainly because of the $99
price tag for a single mini-pci but from what I've been reading in some of
the Mikrotik forums these things are pretty reliable. Now I don't need the
extra power that they put out, basically I am considering them because I've
heard good things about them as far as reliability and never getting a new
one DOA. I have a few questions for anyone here that has experience with
these cards.

1.      Do Ubiquity cards still create a lot of noise and consume power when
you operate them with even with reduced TX power?
2.      How do you like the MMCX connector? I am tired of fiddling with bad
uf.l pigtails trying to find ones that work.
3.      Will these cards get damaged from switching from Antenna A to B in
the software when there is no antenna hooked to the other port?
4.      How do these cards fair against lightning and static discharge
compared to other cards? I never have a problem with static but I don't want
any surprises.
5.      I'm currently using R52H's and R52's but am considering switching to
all Ubiquity for reliability. Anyone use both and whats your thoughts?

The cards I'm considering are the SR2's and SR5's. I will be running the
cards all with reduced TX power and only using the higher TX when I need to
make up for some LMR900 coax runs.

Regards,

Kurt Fankhauser
WAVELINC