On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Travis Johnson wrote:

>I've never setup a MT to do any VPN settings (we use Cisco ASA
>boxes 99% of the time). How hard is MT to configure for IPSEC VPN
>tunnels? I don't even know where to start on that issue...

IPSEC?  Very easy (with a couple of exceptions, you just make sure
settings are the same on both ends).  OpenVPN may be another
solution, assuming there isn't UDP traffic involved (SIGH...help us
out, here, MT).  Alternatively, depending on the requirement for
high security, you may want PPtP or L2TP (both very easy).  Then
again, you can opt to bridge the network ethernet to ethernet and go
with EoIP (nah...).  All in all, vpn is very easy.  There's LOTS of
choices and most are pretty easy and straightforward.  I don't have
a blog entry, yet, for IPSEC, but I see a cloud in the crystal
ball...can't quite make it out, yet.....ahh, we'll see what that
means later, I suppose.  ;-)

*Butch Evans                    *Professional Network Consultation *
*Network Engineering            *MikroTik RouterOS                 *
*573-276-2879                   *ImageStream                       *
*http://www.butchevans.com/     *StarOS and MORE                   *
*http://blog.butchevans.com/    *Wired or wireless Networks        *
*http://www.wisp-forums.com/    *http://www.wisp-wiki.com/
*Mikrotik Certified Consultant  *Professional Technical Trainer    *