I am starting to think I am going crazy. Actually I have suspected this for
a long time now.  <grin>
I was sure I saw a recent announcement here from Mikrotik that they have
developed a new proprietary form of RSTP (reliable spanning tree protocol)
type of layer 2 fail over support and now I cannot find this when I search
for it. If anyone else saw this announcement can you please reply with a
link to the story about this? I am building a backhaul ring in my network
and want layer 2 failover for this backhaul ring. I am considering using
Mikrotik. If anyone has similar experience with actual RSTP switching
failover in the field and want to share your thoughts on implementation,
issues and/or other similar options I would welcome your thoughts.
Thank you,
John Scrivner