Could you elaborate on why this is a bad idea?

I'm slightly interested in it for low cost connections.  In my current
area, I don't have a problem finding grain legs for AP sites. These
would be dense enough that I could build a great network with white
spaces cells and 5GHz backhauls.

But if I look farther north in Michigan, the forests are denser and
the grain legs disappear. The terrain is flat enough that I can't use
"mountains" for cheap tower sites. And none of the 900-2.4-3.65-5GHz
radios are going thru the trees.

It seems like a PtP backhaul that would work ten(?) miles thru trees
would be a great cost savings over building towers. Maybe use two
channels for full duplex. The rural areas that I'm looking at have
over twenty channels free. (thanks Brian Webster for your kmz!)