Hi All,

In reading the FCC's TV whitespaces report and order I came across this
statement:
"Supporters of a licensed approach also hold that there is no need for
additional spectrum

for unlicensed devices. In this regard, Qualcomm submits that there is no
evidence that consumers have

had to return unlicensed devices because the unlicensed spectrum is too
crowded.48 The Association for

Maximum Service Television and the National Association of Broadcasters, in
joint comments

(MSTV/NAB), add there is over 100 megahertz of unlicensed spectrum below 2
GHz and that 255 MHz

of spectrum in the 5 GHz band was made available for unlicensed use in 2003
and so there is plenty of

spectrum available for unlicensed use.49 The White Space Coalition counters
these arguments, stating

that the propagation characteristics of the TV band are superior to the
other unlicensed bands for many

applications and that none of the other unlicensed spectrum is below 900
MHz"

Um, where is there 100mhz of unlicensed spectrum between 900mhz and 2 gig?
What's available that I haven't been using yet?

marlon