I think customer satisfaction has less to do with the equipment used for the
last mile than how the ISP manages the network and customers.  The reason
Canopy and Alvarion probably have the reputation they do is because if a
WISP is going to spend a lot of the last mile portion of the connection,
they are probably spending good money on routers, backhauls, good Internet
 connections, etc.
Nearly all the equipment we've used has some flaw or another and what keeps
customers happy is the ability to work out the problem.