I'd suggest a class.

We don't put connectors on or do ends. I've taken a class on it, and
it's tedious.

We chop a pre-made and pretested patch cord in half and splice it to
the ends of the cable run. This requires a fusion splicer and
heat shrink sleeves, wipes, cleaver, and a couple different strippers.

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 01:26:18PM -0700, 3-dB Networks wrote:
> Looks like I finally have to get into making some fiber cables for a job.
> will be multi-mode with LC type connectors.
>

> Anyone know what type of tools I need to be looking at. recommendations on
> what I need?  Is it pretty easy to pick up on how to terminate these things,
> or should I be looking at taking a class, etc.?
>

> Thanks for the help in advance!
>
> Daniel White
> 3-dB Networks

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/