I'd like to inquiry this mailing list on what other WISPs use as far as
lightning protection.  We've had a bad spring every other year with
something going bad.  This recent past spring two towers were hit causing
massive outages and a really bad day.

We have a stock of these things which is why this was brought up:
http://shop.wirelessguys.com/s.nl;jsessionid=0a0108421f43ab6dee3813784f588a6a9ab61e2443c4.e3eTaxePaNqNe34Pa38Ta38NaNj0?it=A&id=2681

Usually for our Trangos and MTs we use the PacWireless esp-100-poe
http://www.pacwireless.com/products/ESP-100-POE_datasheet.pdf

The Transtector units have been on the shelf for a while, they came from an
old storage unit from another company.  With the price tag I wondered if
they didn't do anything extra.  I opened them up and it looks like nothing
more then resistors and a patch pannel on a piece of PCB.

The units that we lost last spring were RB532s with the esp-100-poe and two
ODUs for Redline AN50s (not the IDU, though!)  Hopefully someone can suggest
a better way to defend us from those acts of god =)

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St