Good question...We searched for a long time to find good 5.X wide band
omnis. Some were horrid, and others were good, but there are not a lot of
chocies.

The winner was Terrawave, distributed by Tessco.
http://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=321805&eventPage=3
They are nicely sized, available, and exceeded our expectations on every
install. I highly recommend them.
Again they have wideband models, 5.2-5.8G.

We also ended up really liking our Radial/larson omni. It was rated for 5.3,
and 9 or 10dbi, but it seemed to work well on the full wide band, and better
than some of the other 12 dbi models we found.

Its also worth noting that Proxim's 10dbi 5.8 omni has electrical downtilt
of about 2 degrees. So dependend on where your target customers are located,
(if on ground) its feasible it could perform as good as 12dbi alternative
models. 12dbi antennas are known for going over clients heads, because
narrow beamwidth, for nearfiled customers near the ground.  I'm pretty sure
Winncomm stocks them.

I'd warn against using this one.....
http://www.wifi-link.com/product.php?action=product&class1_id=1&class2_id=50&class3_id=349&product_id=813

We bought two 5.xGhz 12db models, and we got inconsistent performance. One
had 6db lower signal, and the other had about 8 db lower signal, than our
8dbi Larson that we used in the same test environments.  Basically, in the
lab, we saw the results, but thought maybe it was indoor multipath, so went
to test in the field. In the field, the CPEs could barely associate, until
we replaced the antenna with the Larson. (Tests were roof top to roof top,
on commercial tenant buildings 300 yards away.) I was concerned about the
verticle beam being to narrow, so I tilted my mast, to point
(perpendicular)directly to the other CPE, and results did not improve. I'm
not sure if this was just a bad batch or what. It also concerned me that it
was as tall as a typical 2.4G antenna.

PS. wifi-link sells nice ethernet passthrus, inexpensively.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband