Yep, thats a good solution for 300w load.

But we are looking for handling much larger loads.

We use the C&D 150AH 12V batteries, which are about $330 each, which we
usually stack  4 in series for 48V.

In theory our PC routers don't draw much current, for average basic
operation, but they are powerful boxes that are spec'd with High watt power
supplies.
(QUAD CPU). So 500W power supplies each.  Feasibly, we could imagine two of
these PC routers.  If we had different routing policies or wanted
redundancy.
Then if we add 4 or 5 Licensed Links, the Wattage grows significantly on
these units compared to low power unlicensed radios.(forget exactly how
much). Then another 10 or so unlicensed, but they'll only draw about 10
watts. Then add a GB switch or two (100watts each).
We really want to handle atleast 2000watts per unit, and then want minimum
of 12 hour run-time.

Do you know how many AmpHours (Ah) the APC XL Ultra Battery pack is spec'd
at?

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband