Uh oh...we've started a holy war...

<ducking>

Here's my philosophy these days...*NOTHING* works perfectly, but *ANYTHING* can
be made to work -> if there's will (and a little bit of ingenuity and duct
tape), there's a way =)

That being said, there's a case to be made, especially when we're talking scale
here, when the "wizard of oz" can no longer run everything, but crews of "dumb
minions" have taken over, that a case for paying a premium on hardware can be
made due to the labor cost savings for stuff that just works "out of the box"
vs. stuff that requires "some tweaks" and "tribal knowledge" to make work
properly

Heck, we paid a premium and converted our infrastructure to Windows and Cisco
b/c the benefit of hiring someone who had certs and could be productive in 2
weeks of hiring was worth the extra premium than trying to wait & train a new
guy for 6-9 months...

My 2 cents

On another topic, I've been looking at Cat-5 cable for CPE installs, and am
trying to figure out what color everyone likes best

Talking about the cheap, outdoor rated unshielded Cat-5e

Me personally, I would have thought black, but I'm finding many seem to prefer
white/beige b/c it blends in better with vinyl siding

Thoughts?

-Charles