From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Paolo Di Francesco
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 10:52 AM
To: WISPA General List
Cc: mikro...@part-15.org; mikro...@mail.butchevans.com
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Lost routes...

you could have two problems:

1) you are loosing the default routes
2) the PPPoE client is not working. I tested Ubiquiti NS5 PPPoE client
and it looks like it does not work with mikrotik AP PPPoE. So if the
Ubiquiti NS is loosing the PPPoE session, you will have the client
locked, the AP will "see an hanging connection" and the route could
disappear.

Not sure which one is the worst problem.

Try to upgrade to a newer mikrotik routeros and see if the OSPF
improves.

If the problem is #2 then I am not sure how to solve, I did not test
latest versions of UBIQUITI, you could give it a try. I did not want to
implement mixed PPPoE because in our testing environment I saw PPPoE not
working (I cannot say who is wrong, the client or the AP, but both
mikrotik works)
Try to swap a mikrotik routeros with the UBIQUITI and see what happens.

Please let us know!

Just my 2 cents.

> I am running 5 MT AP's, 2 are 3.x and 3 are 2.9.50, all are running
OSPF
> and PPPoE. Clients are mostly Tranzeo CPQ and SL2 with a few Ubiquity
> NS2. On only ONE of the 2.9 AP's, I randomly loose the route to the
> customer. The log will show a PPPoE disconnect, the route will go
away,
> but the PPPoE session will still show in the active connections
window.
> If I disconnect the active session the client will reconnect.
>

> Any thoughts?
>

> Mark McElvy
>
> AccuBak Data Systems, Inc.

--------

Ing. Paolo Di Francesco

Teleinform S.p.A.
Sede Legale: Via Francesco Paolo Di Blasi 1, 90144 Palermo
Unita' Operativa: Via Regione Siciliana 49, 90046 Monreale
Tel: +39-091-6408576, +39-091-6404501
Fax: +39-091-6406200

http://www.wikitel.it
http://www.teleinform.com