I agree with John's summary of how it works.

If you want to see the current Senate version go to www.senate.gov

On the right you will see a link for active legislation.

Under the popular titles you can see the current version plus the
amendments.

The combined House/Senate version is what matters and the conference
committee report (merged bills) can't be written until the Senate passes its
version.

>From everything I read though there will be a bias towards projects that can
be started within 45 days of the passage of the legislation.  So have your
projects engineered and ready or if you don't want any in your region then
make sure NTIA and RUS know that you already provide advanced services.  I
kind of doubt anyone in the nation provides what they have in mind for fiber
broadband speeds.  The House version called for fiber networks to provide
45mb down 15 mb up and the Senate version calls 100mb down and 20mb up.
For wireless the House calls for 3 mb down and 1 mb up.  Senate says 3 mb
down and 768 k up.

Steve Smith
Chase 3000