Am I the only one tired of hearing you talk about your classes?
I bet if I posted that I had a problem with my truck you would respond.
"Switch to mikrotik"  "Go to my class"  Smiley!!! Smiley!!!

Pay for the ads or at least keep them in your signature.

PS  In case someone didn't know.  Dennis teaches mikrotik training.
Here is his site.
www.linktechs.net/onlinetraining.asp
PSS  In case someone didn't know.  Dennis teaches mikrotik training.
Here is his site.
www.linktechs.net/onlinetraining.asp
PSSS  In case someone didn't know.  Dennis teaches mikrotik training.
Here is his site.
www.linktechs.net/onlinetraining.asp

Hopefully that is enough free ads that you can relax for a while now.

Brian

Dennis Burgess wrote:
As I say in my Traffic Management and Firewalling Mikrotik Courses,  "If
you can't identify the traffic, you can't control it, block it, limit
it, or otherwise do ANYTHING with it! "

Traffic Identification is first! :)

* -----------------------------------------------------------
Dennis Burgess, CCNA, A+, Mikrotik Certified Trainer
WISPA Board Member - wispa.org <http://www.wispa.org/>
Link Technologies, Inc -- Mikrotik & WISP Support Services
WISPA Vendor Member*
*Office*: 314-735-0270 *Website*: http://www.linktechs.net
<http://www.linktechs.net/>
*/LIVE On-Line Mikrotik Training/*
<http://www.linktechs.net/onlinetraining.asp>

The information transmitted (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is intended only for the person(s) or entity/entities to which
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited, If you
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Patrick Shoemaker wrote:

You really need to find out exactly WHAT the problematic traffic is
before you worry about how to best block it. Hook up a machine with
Wireshark to a tap or a mirrored switch port that is seeing the
offending traffic. If you can't immediately identify the problem traffic
by looking at the packets live from the wire, you can have Wireshark
sort the flows by all kinds of different factors.

Patrick Shoemaker
Vector Data Systems LLC
shoemak...@vectordatasystems.com
office: (301) 358-1690 x36
http://www.vectordatasystems.com

Patrick Nix Jr. wrote:

Right, I'm routing already to my customers. I just can't seem to
identify where the flood of traffic is coming from.  My guess is that
someone is using some sort of p2p and opening gazillions of connections
for either upload or download traffic or someone has a virus that is
flooding the network with a bunch of small packets.  I've tried to setup
some iptables rules in our imagestream to prevent both of these but I am
a newbie with iptables and I either end up killing all internet traffic
to everyone or it has no effect at all.  Does anyone care to share some
suggestions for iptables rules using Powercode with an imagestream
router.

Thanks a million.

Patrick Nix, Jr.,
csweb.net
(918) 235-0414
http://www.csweb.net
E-Mail: pni...@csweb.net

ATTENTION: This e-mail may contain information that is confidential in
nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail
and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

Dennis Burgess, CCNA, A+, Mikrotik Certified Trainer
WISPA Board Member - wispa.org <http://www.wispa.org/>
Link Technologies, Inc -- Mikrotik & WISP Support Services
WISPA Vendor Member*
*Office*: 314-735-0270 *Website*: http://www.linktechs.net
<http://www.linktechs.net/>
*/LIVE On-Line Mikrotik Training/*
<http://www.linktechs.net/onlinetraining.asp>

The information transmitted (including attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is intended
only for the person(s) or entity/entities to which
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited, If you
material from any computer.

Patrick Nix Jr. wrote:

Everyday we seem to have this problem, we can watch our pings and for
the morning our avg ping time will be about 27ms to our customers.

And

then it will just start climbing up to 1000ms and stay there most of

the

time for hours.  I can't seem to identify where it is coming from
although it must be coming from our customers, because I can set here

at

the head end and still ping google at 60ms consistently while this is
going on.  When it happens the network slows down to the point of

being

unusable.  Any suggestions. Below is an example of yesterday.

Thanks

Patrick Nix, Jr.,

csweb.net

(918) 235-0414