I suspect that Tom is correct in that very few questions will get to be
asked at the March 10 meeting.  Looking at the agenda it will be mostly
speeches by representatives from the various agencies.

Since they have the money, I also suspect that they will be the ones telling
us how it works rather than asking us for suggestions.  I think we are
mostly past the input stage.  Instead I think they are scrambling to put
together the procedures they will use to evaluate any proposals they get.

There are a lot of people wanting information and I kind of visualize it as
feeding time at the fish farm.  They are going to throw some money in the
pond and there will be a feeding frenzy.

I will send my questions to them via multiple channels and hope some of them
get asked and answered.

One of the primary questions I will have is if they are going to use the
criteria required of them by the Office and Budget Guidance and the FCC?  My
guess is they will ignore some of those requirements unless someone points
them out to them but maybe not.  You might look at this post from the Benton
Foundation for an idea of what they may be looking for.  According to Benton
this is a requirement that NTIA and RUS must work with when granting grants.
http://www.benton.org/node/22559

I personally think it is worth engaging some of the people that have
personal contacts with the decision makers so that we can tailor our grant
requests to what they want.  I think this is one of those rare opportunities
that should be taken advantage of.  I will approach them asking what they
want rather than telling them how to do it.

Steve Smith
Chase 3000
Imperial, NE 69033
st...@chase3000.com