From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Rogelio
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 10:51 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] solar planning -- battery and sun calc suggestions?

I have a quad radio node that is 110V AC only, and I'm getting together
what's needed in order to power it on a solar panel.

Obviously, I'll need an inverter to take from 110V to 48V DC.

Does anyone have any suggestions for batteries?  Someone suggested some
high capacity 6V ones (like they use on golf carts) and possibly putting
them in series or parallel (depending on the draw I need).

Also, I hear that there is some sort of sunlight calculator that I'll
need to use to calculate the battery capacity I'll need to plan for.
Any suggestions there? (I don't see anything googling)

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.  (I'm new to planning out
power requirements.)

----