This article in the LA Times:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-geocoding-errors5-2009apr05,0,5966285.story

This documents the reasoning for why I have not completed my Form 477
data yet.   Nearly 40% of my customer base will have to be re-coded for
the Form 47 because the geocoding databases are incorrect.   My lead
tech has exported the geocode data out of Freeside and into Google
Earth, sorted by AP.   When we look at the data, a very high percentage
of our customers have GPS coordinates of Post Office of their
town/village.   We still have a lot of county road and rural route
addresses in this area, and they don't geocode correctly.

Data with 40% noise borders on useless.   I applaud the spirit behind
the 477, but asking us to provide this granular data without the right
tools to assemble the data and verify it makes it a nearly unanswerable
proposition.

Matt Larsen
vistabeam.com