Mike,

If you can set your application up to be more switching than routing based you
could consider the new Arista switches. Very high 10 GbE port density with low
cost. You don't specify what kind of routing you are doing but if it is BGP
they have that in Beta now. I have no idea what the routing throughput numbers
will be. I don't have any personal experience or financial interest in the
company.

http://www.aristanetworks.com/en/Index

Best,

leb