Not according to them. I spoke on a panel at a mobility conference in DC
today with Clearwire.
>From what I understand, they are planning to replace all pre-wimax gear in
49 markets, with 802.16e mobile gear.
I asked, will they expand to new markets first, or convert their network?
and the answer was... convert our network.
They need to be ALL MOBILE, it is the direction they are going.

Maybe the fixed business was not as gravy as they thought?

But I can tell you, they aren;t going away.

I made a big case for small WISPs that engineer each install, focusing on
QOS. That that market was also a market that wasn't going away.
I guess this lawsuit proves my point.

However, there was one testimoial from a Clearwire user stating "Clearwire
was everything they said it was, but more. Only thing we regret is that they
only deployed in the city next door, and never made it to our city. What do
we need to do to get them to come". I told them, don't wait, call your local
WISP, there are lots of providers that can do it.
.
Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband