These types of questions make my back-fat tingle... hehehe

The BSD route is the cheapest and still works great, in my small
environment.  You can do what this gentleman is doing but with bandwidth
shaping with dummynet.  I think that it can get a bit tricky when
figuring out the right bucket size, however, I was managing bandwidth
for roughly 80 users, and an internet cafe that was supplying the second
satelite in Iraq with a P4, 256MB ram, and 10GB hard drive in a
rackmount enclosure and two satellites for second tier provisioning.  Of
course this was not in the 20mb/s range, but the band-shaping policies
worked flawlessly.  I symmetrically shaped each user, and wrote a script
to manage unused pipes if they did not die quickly enough.  Of course
this was a build of necessity, due to the environment and lack of easily
procurable cisco stuff, but if I had instituted Asterisk, then I would
have had the same functionality of a cisco 3800, possibly.

Ahhh.... Fun times.... And then I got shot in the left check like
Forest.  Still pretty fun though... hehehe

Sorry if this is too much of an amateur solution for you big guys out
there, but I just love my BSD....

I also build into the system a kill switch, for those times when we were
on black-outs due to something urgent, like a death needing to be
disseminated to the family members prior to a video tribute reaching
YouTube, or something like that.

Worked out pretty nice, and I am still using the same design this
minute.