Where do you get these for $28?

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Steve Barnes
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 2:03 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] 802.11 a, b, g "booster"

Maybe I am just missing something here but why in the world would you want
to buy a bunch of SOHO routers and re-flash them to another OS?  I have seen
this thread before on here and didn't have time to ask the reason. I have no
time to mess with taking every unit out of a box and flash and test then
reseal it and go to the next.  I buy 20 Trendnet SOHO 802.11G basic routers
for $28 each and drop them in the trucks.  Never had a bad one, they all
come with a 5ft cable and just work.  If a customer wants a router then they
pay $45.  If they need better distance than I get them a N router later.
Last thing I want to do is mess with them all.  Heck I hate programming
radios.  I am working on a plan to just stack Tranzeo's in the truck and
upload the config from the laptop.

DLink = Lock up all the time at lease the WBR-1310, 30 min no power to
reset. Have a pile in back room
Linksys = WRT54G ok but had 20 die in one month right at 2 years
Buffalo = was good all but the WHR-G125(junky design poor signal) didn't
know was available again.
Trendnet = 130+ in field no return very few calls require reset.
TPLink = Good High power unit very adjustable only used 10 so far. Good USB
wireless Adapter as well.

Steve Barnes
RCWiFi Wireless Internet Service