Charles,

I estimate availability of TVWS equipment to be around the first quarter
of 2011 however in southern California (because of all the existing TV
stations) there will be few-to-none TVWS channels available. TVWS will
be most practical (and available) in rural areas where there are not as
many existing TV broadcasters.

jack

Charles Wyble wrote:
> All,
>
> What is the current status of whitespace gear availability?
>
> I'm ramping up my WISP efforts here in SoCal and am looking at a
> combination of TVWS and 3650 for back haul/aggregation.
>
> I know who the 3650 players are, and the licensing process etc. Still
> working on negotiating access to the protected zones.
>
> Who should I be talking to about TVWS gear?

Jack Unger - President, Ask-Wi.Com, Inc.
Author - "Deploying License-Free Wireless WANs"
Serving the Broadband Wireless Industry Since 1993
FCC-Licensed Since 1958
Phone 818-227-4220  Email <jun...@ask-wi.com> www.ask-wi.com