David Hulsebus wrote:
> Ryan, How do you like the Moonblink antennas?
Eh, they are OK. Getting timely shipping and shipping information out of
Moonblink makes ordering from them a head-ache for my ordering person.
The antennas are sleek aluminum but they are fragile so you can't handle
them much past one installation.
> I've been using Cushcraft
> for some time, they've worked very well. I've used the M2inc. but found
> rain to be an issue with the open round beam holding water.
>
> If I have line of sight I can get 8-10 miles out of a link, but never
> through many trees. I have two small 120 vertical sectors using Tranzeo
> and I wish we could get links that are as stable as the WaveRiders we
> have in place. I do use a 908.4 filter on the Tranzeos and reduced my
> noise floor from -75 to -95. They  were designed for WaveRiders but work
> well for a 5MHz channel at 908 on the Tranzeos. I even tried the
> Mikrotik 900 and had even poorer luck with them.

Ditch the Verticle sectors. They are noise vacuums. I am using a simple
TR902-11 panel for my AP. When I use the sectors my noise floor gets so
loud as to make the AP unusable.
> I won't say the WaveRiders were my best decision, but having tested
> Trango, Canopy first, it was the best for my environment at the time.
> I've still got 400 EUM3000-3005's in place across 15 sectors. We can get
> 1.2MB down and 800K up for about 30-35 clients. We added their new
> CCU8000 and a dozen clients so far on a new build out this year and
> expect to max out at 30-40 subs per AP and if they are like the
> CCU3000's will still give everyone 6 MB down and 4 MB up. We pay
> extremely high prices for the WaveRider EUM's which really hurts the ROI.

Yeah, the waveriders. I think the only reason you have the CCU3000s is
because of the competitive pressure of Tranzeo/UBNT handing out
802.11b/g type speeds over 900mhz.

ryan