Ok... I have been dreaming a little.  I have had a couple direct hits on
towers because of the storms through the Midwest and it got me
thinking... (ouch it hurts)...

We put patch panels at the top and bottom of the towers and usually run
bundles of cables between.  The more I am getting into the RF world and
towers, (I am an IT guy by heart), I am thinking that using the 25 pair
lines with an armor/shield would be a better way of going.  If I ran 2 -
25 pair runs up a tower, then you can follow the grounding ritual of
grounding at the equipment, as it comes off a tower, and just before it
enters the building with standard coax grounding kits that Tessco and
others sell.

Thoughts?  Anyone do this currently?

Eric