Blair Davis wrote:
> To be sure about co-channel interference, shut down 2 of the 3 AP's
> and test on the other one.  Make sure to shut them all down, then
> bring up just the one to test...
Did that, made no difference.

> Down tilt should affect Tx and Rx about the same.

That's what I figured as well.
> But you have more loss on the Rx than the Tx.
>
> Are the arrestors polarized?  i.e. marked with antenna and transmitter
> ends?  If so, are they in right?

Nope, they are bi-directional, RFLinx Quarter wave.
> Bypass the arresters, and see what happens.  Or, remove the gas tubes
> and see if that changes things.

Haven't done that yet, they don't have gas tubes, they are quarterwave.
> Have you gone out and eyeballed the setup with some binoculars?  Maybe
> the installer did something stupid that you might notice?

They look fine from beneath the tower.
> When I've had massive imbalance Tx/Rx, it has always been either a bad
> card or water.

Yea, they've been up on the tower for a week, it would be depressing if
they are messed up that quickly. They were all pretty hot to each other
-20/-25 even, but on 1/6/11, It may be possible the receivers were
overloaded I suppose. I've had these radio's up on other towers for
months without a problem though. Not this close together, they are about
2-3 feet apart on the same horizontal plane. The tape job, and
self-vulcanizing stuff these guys put on was pretty serious stuff, I
think there is zero chance of water anywhere.

Regards
Michael Baird