On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 10:47 -0500, Patrick D.. Nix, Jr wrote:
> Yes, I use mikrotik for end user protection and routing but I'm not sure
> that will fit the bill here.  I think I may need more of a corporate
> type solution.  I've used Watchguard and cisco products in the past but
> I thought maybe I could save some $$ and go with a linux homebrew

Why would it not "fit the bill"?  It is iptables, which you will get
with your linux homebrew solution.  It just adds the "nice gui" you
asked for.  Mikrotik, for what it's worth, is not just a hardware
solution, but runs very well on an x86 platform.  I just don't
understand what you think is missing in MT that is in any linux
"homebrew" solution.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * WISPA Board Member               *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * Wired or Wireless Networks       *