Hi Graham,

And thanks so much! That's exactly what I was looking for!

I'm sure I"ll have more questions later on as things progress, so I'll
make sure to hang on to your email addy and look forward to speaking
with soon on this :)

Oh, you're right, the link is a little clunky wrt finding one's way
around, but such is the nature of bureaucracies ;)

Graham Goldfinch wrote:
> G'day Bradley,
> I can help here.
> Australian regs are similar to the USA as follows,
> 2.4Ghz 11 channels 36dB EIRP max
> 5.8Ghz 4 channels 36dB EIRP max, higher power for specific locations
> away from the high density populations.
> 5.470Ghz to 5.650Ghz many channels, 30dB EIRP max with DFS and TPC
> enabled, some exemptions for lower power
> 900Mhz is just 916 to 928Mhz allowed with 30dB max
>
> We also have 60Ghz exempt within a certain channel size/range plus
> 70/80Ghz site licensed at little money.
>
> www.acma.gov.au site has more detail, just tricky to find.
>
> Offlist if you need more detail from me.
>
> regards
> Graham
>
> Bradley D. Thornton wrote:
>> have a tentative offer to to some buildout in Victoria Australia,
>> pending the completion of a local project here.
>>
>> But I don't know where to look for their laws regarding unlicensed
>> spectrum, if there is any.
>>
>> Does anyone have any pointers/links for me to research?
>>

> --
>
> Graham Goldfinch - Phone: +61 2 9899 5700 Fax: +61 2 9634 1432
>
> Communicate without Boundaries – 61-(0)405 52 52 51 Skype - grahamgskype
>
> ComNet Solutions - Government Endorsed Supplier, GITC & QA Certified
>
> web: www.comnet.com.au <http://www.comnet.com.au/>

Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
NorthTech Computer