I would stop using something if I had that many failures a month, even
for that many subscribers. You'll have replaced your whole subscriber
base in three years at that rate, even if the customer didn't need the
upgrade. Or half of them in 18 months. The 433 is is probably less
expensive than a service call + rb411. I've not bought a single 411
because I've heard of this problem. I do buy lots of 433ah's though.

I've got some radios out in the field that close to 10 years old now. I
do expect 5-6 years out of a radio on average, even if I pay for it in
1-3. Our guys can only handle so many service calls and miles of travel
a day. We use mostly Trango and Alvarion radios, and 100ish MT routers.
We dispose of a couple of each type of radio, and maybe 1 RB a month for
about twice as many subs.

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 10:26:28AM -0400, Chuck Hogg wrote:
> The chip on the 411 is different than the one on the 433, the 433 has a
> switch chip built in.  We could probably repair the 433/450 as well, but
> the chip to repair/replace is significantly more expensive.  I have not
> seen as many issues with the 433's blowing, but we seem to blow about
> 10-20 411's a month out of 700 or so subs using them.
>
> Regards,
> Chuck Hogg
> Shelby Broadband
> 502-722-9292
> ch...@shelbybb.com
> http://www.shelbybb.com

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/