From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of David E. Smith
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 3:08 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Apartment Buildings

Jeff Yette wrote:
> To clarify, we are not looking for a hosted application, but more of a
> home-grown solution.  We have all of the components for billing, which
> will automatically create a radius account and e-mail, we have online
> billing and web-mail - the only part is the is missing is the web
> authentication piece.

If you're willing to roll your own, Mikrotik RouterOS has built-in
hotspot functionality that can easily be configured to talk to your
RADIUS server of choice. The ugly-but-functional version can probably be
going in an hour; you'll want to make your own pretty login page and do
some other cosmetic tweaks, but those aren't too difficult either.

David Smith
MVN.net

----