From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of jp
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 1:24 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Changing cards in Mikrotik

You should have someone with you on site when you climb towers.

Even if you are self employed and not subject to OSHA rules, it's still
a good idea. Most of the tower deaths or falls I read about very likely
could have been prevented or lessened with even very modest safety
guidelines. Futhermore, if you become some statistic used to calculate
insurance rates as a result of unsafe climbing, it will tend make all of
our workers comp insurance costs increase collectively.

That person on the ground should have a laptop to do the
configuring/testing.
They can also keep others away from the tower to protect them from
falling tools, read off signals while aligning antennas, answer your
phone calls, destroy wasp nests, and all the other things you don't want
to do.