I local organic store (with a small farming operation) just
successfully got a cell tower approval moved some 1000' further away
for just this reason.

Ironically, he uses a cell phone. But, facts notwithstanding, he was
able to mobilize a large group of folks from his mailing lists to
fight the tower so it was out of sight (and I guess out of mind, even
though 1000' further away isn't going to make much difference...).

Chuck

On Sep 17, 2009, at 2:21 PM, David E. Smith wrote:

> Just in case the "I'm allergic to wi-fi" folks weren't enough
> comedy...
>
>> A Nova Scotia garlic farmer has put the brakes on high-speed internet
>> coming to Victoria Harbour, a rural community on the Bay of Fundy,
>> fearing radiation from microwave towers will affect his crops.
>>
>> Lenny Levine, who has been planting and harvesting garlic by hand on
>> his Annapolis Valley land since the 1970s, is* afraid his organic
>> crop
>> could be irradiated* if EastLink builds a microwave tower for
>> wireless
>> high-speed internet access a few hundred metres from his farm.
>>
> http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2009/09/16/ns-internet-tower.html
>

> David Smith
> MVN.net

--------------
Chuck Bartosch
Clarity Connect, Inc.
200 Pleasant Grove Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 257-8268

"When the stars threw down their spears,
and water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile, His work to see?
Did He who made the Lamb make thee?"

 From William Blake's Tiger!, Tiger!