Yeah... But when the MT config gets accidentally misconfigured, its not easy
to walk the customer through reprogramming it, as it is with a linksys.
Its a double edge sword.
But, we've been thinking about using the MT as a home gateway simply because
the Linksys's crap out so often, and because the MT can double up as a
wireless repeater, for the neighbor homes.

But had a question....

Using Linksys type SOHOs doing NAT is really easy, because things like PPTP
and IPSEC passthrus, FTP compatibilty, and XBOX LIVE security, works right
out of the box with a click of a checkbox.

Historically, with Linux, NAT (or IP MAsqerading) is a pain in the neck,
because Active FTP and PPTP dont simply work by default. It requires
addition of some syntax complicated IPTables configs to allow it. Or atleast
some helper modules that load at boot time.

So my questions is.... How easy is it to solve those problems with Mikrotik
OS, to support the above common compatibilty things?  So a rookie techs can
configure the MT in just minutes during install, equivellent to a Linksys?

Does someone have a common default config to sahre that they just load
everytime by default, before modifying end user specific config?
Or is it easy enough, to do it from scratch each time?
Or are those things fixed by default?

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband