Hello all,

We've been doing some troubleshooting of some occasional issues with
NATed customers and started to wonder if we have reached the limits of
what we can do with a single NAT server.

Right now, I have one NAT server that has two Internet backbone
connections coming into it.   This server is running StarOS.   We have
about 1700 subs NATted behind a single IP address on this server.

Behind it, I have a Mikrotik server that is handling all traffic coming
into that server from the private network side.   Looking at the
IP/Firewall/Connections listing on this server, I see 69000-71000 items
in the list.   My lead tech is concerned that we only have 65536 ports
to use on a single IP address, and we might be using all of them and
having connection issues.

Anyone on the list more versed in Mikrotik/Linux/routing etc that might
be able to shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Matt Larsen
vistabeam.com