On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 23:55 -0400, RickG wrote:
> Cant be faulty since they both will connect to other radios fine. I
> checked, double-checked, and triple-checked the configs and they are
> correct. Really, StarOS is too easy to make an error. Any other ideas?

Does StarOS have a "scan" feature?  If it can "see" the AP, but not
connect, I'd be looking for 1 of 3 particular problems.  First, it is
possible (probable?) that you have something different in the security
settings (encryption).  Second, it is possible that you have the AP on a
non-standard frequency that the client is not including in it's "scan
list".  The term "scan list" is a Mikrotik term, but it is common for
most Linux based devices that use the "stock" Atheros driver to only
scan the "standard" predefined center frequencies.  The third
possibility that I can think of is a possibility that the AP has some
sort of mac filtering that is not allowing the connection from this
client.  Again, I'm not familiar with StarOS, so I'm not sure that is
even a feature.

I would start by swapping the functions of the 2 radios (make the AP the
client) just to see if a connection can be made that way.  Double-check
the settings I mentioned above as well.  Another thing to try is attempt
to connect to the AP with a different client just to ensure the AP
function is operating correctly on the radio you are running as AP.
Just a few things to try...Hope this helps.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *