While not being sure how unbridled "for sale" posts might get, I
second the belief the casual way it has been conducted has been in
good taste.  Perhaps a Friday only stipulation on a trial basis would
suit most members.  If it gets excessive, it can be banned -- again.

My observation is the ones I've seen posted seemed to be used and
overstock items offered to other list members.  Most would attract at
least a portion of the list members.  I've seen no bald faced pitches.

Mike