Ok guys...Looking for both Mikrotik experience and others.  We currently
have a Mikrotik backhaul between each of our towers using NStreme and we
have been extremely happy with the performance.  We recently upgraded a
tower because we were hitting 15M or so during peak times and was afraid
it couldn't handle much more.  We upgraded that backhaul to a Motorola
PTP for future capacity.

The questions:

MT Gurus:

Each backhaul ranges in distance, each ranges from 3 miles (3 backhauls)
and the rest are about 12 miles (5 backhauls).  Since we have been using
Mikrotik, I have reliably seen up to 10 Meg, and I am afraid 15 Meg is
pushing the envelope on a 20 MHz channel.

How much capacity can I reliably push on a 20 MHz channel using NStreme?

Other Gurus:

I understand the following are loaded questions, but budget is around
$1000-3000 range and the capacity needs to be around the 60Meg mark (30
each way or without a defined 1:1 guarantee, capability to flex and be
able to push 30M each way).

If I start upgrading to larger backhauls on busy links, what type of
equipment should I look at?

What can support VoIP?

Anything that GPS times for frequency reuse?

Anything work in the 5.4GHz range at a 12 mile distance?

Eric Rogers

Precision Data Solutions, LLC

(317) 831-3000 x200