From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Marlon K. Schafer
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:39 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] ubiquity bullet2

Hi All,

I tried my first one of these yesterday.  It's hooked to an antenna that was

already in place so I know the old system worked though I did not check
signal levels before taking out the old SB radios (they don't give rssi
accurately anyway so there was no point).

This new radio has an RSSI of -78 or so coming FROM the tower.  AT the tower

we're picking up -88 or so.  I turned it up to 20dB out (factory was set at
16) and that did help a bit.

The calculations show that I should be in the -74 to -78 range based on the
exact distance of the link.  So my RSSI AT the remote end is right in there.

I should be seeing the same at the tower as well.

Anyone seen these units have faulty transmitters?  This is the third
ubiquity I've tried.  Two PowerStations died (receive sensitivity went dead)

after several months.  Both units at almost the exact same time.  This not
giving me any comfort levels at all....

I know others out there are using a lot of these, are you seeing ANY strange

issues at all?  Have you looked at the RSSI from both ends?  Does it match?

Thanks,
marlon

----