Ironically, years ago, they offered to buy us for $5.5 million or
something like that. Had a *great* meal at the Gothem Bar and Grill in
Manhatten, including a $250 bottle of Petite Syrah as they wooed
us... ;-).

Guess I'm glad we demurred. Though having a few mil in cash might have
been nice too...

Chuck

On Nov 13, 2009, at 12:14 PM, jp wrote:

> http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=295654&ac=PHnws
>
> Bankrupt Fairpoint backbilling and threatening an ISP/CLEC because
> Fairpoint doesn't want to continue an interconnection agreement.
>
> It's a bit sensationalized (according to my conversation with the
> ISP in
> the story), but shows how the big telcos care more about protecting
> their monopoly than promoting business, broadband, or innovation.
>
> This is why Maine needs a middle mile ARRA network such as has been
> applied for. Some states probably do not, but we do in Maine.
> Fairpoint
> is hopeless in every respect.
>
> --
> /*
> Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
>    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
> http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
> */

--------------
Chuck Bartosch
Clarity Connect, Inc.
200 Pleasant Grove Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 257-8268

"When the stars threw down their spears,
and water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile, His work to see?
Did He who made the Lamb make thee?"

 From William Blake's Tiger!, Tiger!