That is why my target is to <just> qualify for being a CATV operator (and my
target spots are the same, less then 15 channels, all but one is OTA).

Using multicast, all say, 20 channels will head out, no extra use per TV and no
VoD. (for the wireless network). This also assumes its a dedicated sector for
iptv or has the margin to support both.

The DSL network OTOH, can support 2 to 5 channels per link, so as long as you
have the BW into the ATM and then out to the remote dslams, your ok for making
it a pure VoD channel setup. Only stream the ones needed when needed and it will
reduce per CPE use with a over all higher network use.