Just installed a Ligowave 24ghz unlicensed backhaul radio to take the
place of a 100meg fiber loop.

We are going 2.97 miles with the 2' dishes.   -65 signal on both sides
and it has tested out at 85meg of capacity in both directions.

Very happy with it so far.   The software and management interface is
very comprehensive and has some interesting features in it, including a
"constellation" feature that gives an approximation of what the OFDM
signals look like.   This unit has the ability to use a voltmeter for
the signal strength peaking, and my climber highly recommends using that
instead of trying to call out signal strengths.   That made it a lot
easier to peak in.

Climber also says that the mounting hardware looks great, but is
actually pretty crappy when it is on the tower.   It is not very
fine-grained in its adjustment capabilities - at least that is the
politically correct way to put it.

The complete link was in the $8000 neighborhood.   The fiber link was
costing $500/month, so it won't take very long for this to pay for itself.

Matt Larsen
vistabeam.com