It is amazing what a new hat can do for your outlook on outside work.  I was
having a &*(^ day in a bucket truck and my wife came by with a hat that had
been sitting on the dash of her truck with the warm defroster running on it.
I think just that hat recharged me for another 6 hours! :) That and the fact
that someone cares about you...

As for the very long night.. I had an issue where I was not getting BGP
updates from neighboring ISPs when working for a colo. It was an all nighter
and I finally had the wherewithal to call an alpha geek friend of mine. (his
license plate is his ARIN NIC).

After asking me a few questions to see if he could fix things quickly, he
told me to go take a nap and not call him until I had slept for at least 2
hours. I protested, but he assured me we could fix things faster and
more effectively if I had some small amount of sleep.

Well, 3 hours later, and well rested, I noticed an ACL blocking incoming
route announcements from my peers. I swear had I not taken that nap it would
have taken me 5 hours to notice!

ryan