We just got some rocket5m stock. We needed 2, but ordered 6 because we
never know where/when more might be in stock. It's guys like us that
cause inventory to fluctuate on the demand side. I do hope they improve
in their supply. Until then, the gear is cheap enough that we'll
continue to order more than we have immediate need for.

I'm pretty much done buying their regular nanostations, the pattern is
just not defined enough and the pick up lots of interference in all but
the most rural of applications. I think MT behaves better for 802.11 in
interference situations. I think the rocket 5m stuff is super nice though.
We've only used it with dishes, and it rocks at that as long as you
tweek the distance setting, have the right firmware, etc...

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:19:22PM -0500, Robert West wrote:
> I'm with ya.  With MT, a 411 is around 50, the card 30 or so, then a mimo
> antenna ?? and  shipping and you're way past the hundred.
>
> I talked to StreakWave this morning, salesman told me UBNT is making a push
> to always be in stock after the first of the year and if that's true, lots
> of my stress will be gone.  We're in business to add and keep customers but
> it's hard to add when we can't put in a CPE and with all the substitutions
> I've put in it gets to be a hassle.  People won't wait for an install.  It's
> now or they go elsewhere.  You know how it is, hate leaving money on the
> table.
>
> Bob-

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/