On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 10:01, Marlon K. Schafer <o...@odessaoffice.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm very close to putting my two networks together and will be able to run
> BGP.
>
> We're also in need of some more IP addys.
>
> Can anyone there help me get through the process of picking up my own IP
> space?  I've never done that and am now ready to give it a shot.
>
> A paid consultant would be fine.

It's relatively simple, as such things go. Basically, you go to ARIN and
give them some money. :)

You'll need a plan for renumbering your networks (so that your existing
space, which presumably comes from upstream ISPs, can be returned to them),
and you'll need to be sure your upstreams will talk BGP with you. Otherwise,
it's a bit of paperwork and a bit of cash.

David Smith
MVN.net