another interesting feature, should be the possibility to NOT use
ethernet cables to build your network. In few words, there is no need to
 put cables to connect the AP to the switch, only power cable.

This is interesting in places where ethernet cable cannot be used.

Obviously, power cable is always needed.

Paolo

> Yeah, beam forming seems like it's definitely the way to go.
>
> Greg
>
> On Feb 18, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Jeff Ehman wrote:
>
>> In general, the Ruckus product line is very inexpensive for access points.
>> Plus, their beamforming technology allows their product to use about 1/2 the
>> APs as their main competitors (Cisco...).  This is accomplished because they
>> don't use the typical omni antenna that most do.  The beamforming searches
>> out other Ruckus access points and creates a PtP link between them so the
>> throughput and connection between APs is much greater and they can be
>> further apart.  When an omni is used to create connections between access
>> points, they have to be placed much closer together.  Not to mention the
>> channel bonding they use for additional throughput.
>>
>> -Jeff Ehman
>> General Manager
>> Phone: (312) 205-2509
>> "There is a difference"

Ing. Paolo Di Francesco

Teleinform s.r.l.
Sede Legale: Via Francesco Paolo Di Blasi 1, 90144 Palermo
Unita' Operativa: Via Regione Siciliana 49, 90046 Monreale (Palermo)
Tel: +39-091-6408576, +39-091-6404501
Fax: +39-091-6406200

http://www.wikitel.it
http://www.teleinform.com