From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Matt Liotta
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:38 AM
To: WISPA List General
Subject: [WISPA] new FCC report out

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-296442A1.pdf

* 35% percent of americans unserved

* "We need to tackle the challenge of connecting 93 million Americans to
our broadband future," said FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski in a
statement timed with the release of the survey. "In the 21st century, a
digital divide is an opportunity divide."

* 29% stated they received service from a fixed wireless provider

** Notwithstanding the possible confusion reflected in the survey
access is wireline. In fact, estimates place wireless home broadband
access at 2 percent of homes-that would include fixed wireless or
satellite service.

-Matt

--------