From: motor...@afmug.com [mailto:motor...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Rick Harnish
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:10 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'; memb...@wispa.org; 'Motorla List Beehive';
indi...@wispa.org; o...@wispa.org
Subject: [Motorola II] Taking a New Direction, Searching for New Opportunities

This is a short note to all of my Wireless Industry acquaintances and my former
coworkers.

As of Tuesday afternoon, February 23rd, 2010, I have reached an agreement to
terminate my employment contract with Great American Broadband.  Great American
Broadband purchased my company in July, 2008.  Unfortunately, continued
differences of opinions between corporate and myself have led to much
dissatisfaction for both parties.

One of the reasons, I wanted to remove myself from my Employment Contract was
that I see new opportunities abound with the Broadband Stimulus Package.  I
felt the need to open myself up to these new opportunities instead of watching
them pass me by.  I built a successful ISP/WISP since 1995 and have/had an
excellent staff.  Their hard work allowed me to devote a lot of volunteer time
in co-founding and participating on the WISPA Board.  I know I couldn't have
helped make WISPA what it is today without the assistance of my staff in my
business.

Sandi (my wife of 25 years) and I have both decided to leave employment with
GAB.  While it is a scary time in our life, I believe a new opportunity or
opportunities will arise rather quickly.  I believe that most of my
acquaintances in the industry know that I operate with a high level of
integrity and work ethic.  I'm excited to find out whether others recognize and
value my abilities, reputation and commitment to the Broadband Industry.

I ask for your prayers as Sandi and I journey into this new uncharted
territory.   I have never been unemployed and hopefully it won't last long.

One thought I have considered is making a proposal to the WISPA Board to become
the Executive Director for WISPA.  I do many of those functions already and
enjoy working with the industry members.

I am no longer a principal member of WISPA with my release from GAB, but I have
joined WISPA as an Associate Member to finish out my term as President.  I will
see what direction my new career leads me in the next few months before
deciding to continue on the Board or not.

I'm excited as I know there are better opportunities for myself and my family
than the circumstances I have been involved with the last couple years.  I have
always been a self-employed entrepreneur until the GAB purchase.  I thrive on
building and developing new business and opportunities and this has led to some
of my unhappiness recently.  I say goodbye to my current staff with many
regrets and much pride.

So this is an invitation of sorts.  I'm ready to travel, consult, investigate,
write, develop and explore new opportunities.  I'm confident in my abilities,
my knowledge and my relationships to be successful whatever unfolds.

Respectfully,

Rick Harnish
rharn...@wispa.org<mailto:rharn...@wispa.org>
260-307-4000 cell