Most of these things you're talking about use switching power supplies.
Generally it doesn't matter if the input waveform is a pure sinusoid or
modified sine- the first stage of a SMPS is a rectifier and filter
capacitor that converts the input to DC anyway.

I've never had any trouble running various electronics off modified sine
inverters.

You'll be losing some efficiency and thus battery runtime by using the
inverter and individual equipment power supplies. But you'll have
readily available off the shelf parts, and an easy to understand/repair
system. Your call on the tradeoff.

Patrick Shoemaker
Vector Data Systems LLC
shoemak...@vectordatasystems.com