Yeah, I haven't found tethering to make all that much sense either. My gf has
her iPhone jail broken, but honestly, I think she does it just because she
can...I haven't seen her do anything with it that actually mattered. I haven't
had a problem doing anything I needed (or wanted) to do without jail breaking.

I also have a Droid at the moment, but damn, I'll tell you, it's a annoying as
hell in comparison. And I really hate the little feedback vibration every time
I touch one of the permanent keys (maybe that can be turned off-I haven't taken
the time to delve too much into the options yet). I'll keep using it for a few
more days but so far it doesn't compare, even though Verizon's 3G coverage IS a
little but broader out this way (but, it's not as much broader as I'd thought
it was supposed to be).

However, if I didn't have the iPhone as an option, I'd probably love the Droid.
Sure beats what I used to use, even if it doesn't quite meet (for me) the
iPhone standards. As always with this kind of thing, I'm sure YMMV.

Chuck

On Mar 11, 2010, at 6:04 PM, Data Technology wrote:

> Justin Wilson wrote:
>>    The only benefit I have seen so far of Jailbreaking an iphone is being
>> able to tether it.   Every App I have wanted to run I can find in the store.
>>
>>    Justin
>>
> I had thought that would be a great thing to have, then I could connect
> the laptop and have a bigger screen and kbd to browse with.
> But around here I don't have 3g available, so AT&T is slow for the internet.
>
> I then thought that I could just use a wi-fi connection (surly I could
> find one of those!) but then I thought, "you big dummy", if I can get a
> wi-fi connection on the phone to tether to the laptop then I could just
> connect to the wi-fi with the laptop ;)
>
> So I dont't think I really need tethering.

Chuck Bartosch
Clarity Connect, Inc.
200 Pleasant Grove Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 257-8268

"When the stars threw down their spears,
and water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile, His work to see?
Did He who made the Lamb make thee?"