I offered to send them google earth overlays we use that come pretty close
to reality but they said they couldn't use them.

Bob-

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Brian Webster
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2010 11:04 AM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: Re: [WISPA] connected nation mapping data

They are asking for detailed data for two reasons. One is to inform a
potential consumer where you offer service with what speed and price. All of
the other data is so they can run RF propagations for your whole network to
develop your service area. Problem with that is from what I have seen of
their work, they don't know how to do a proper RF prediction. They are using
Radio Mobile but they obviously don't know how to set it up or run
propagations that reflect reality in the WISP world. That being said, some
WISP's have been submitting proper GIS files to show their coverage area and
then giving the data for speeds and pricing. There are a few ways to
accomplish this. Radio Mobile plots will not work by themselves. Those are
image files and for the mapping each state needs to convert that information
to some sort of GIS Vector based polygon. Some RF tools will do this
directly otherwise you have to do a bunch of tedious conversion in other
mapping tools.

This process is pretty much the same in every state.

Thank You,
Brian Webster