From: "Glenn Kelley" <gl...@hostmedic.com>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 1:39 PM
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Imagestream (was Vyatta?)

Welcome to Capitalism.

The Vendor can charge and support what they want.
We as the purchaser can decide to simply go w/ the flow they set ... OR ...
buy elsewhere.

While I personally believe companies like vYatta, PFSense, and others who
give a list of supported hardware are wise in their approach - There is
nothing wrong w/ how ImageStream is doing their model.

Simple - if you don't like it - don't buy it.

I would venture to say that those on the list who are complaining most do
not have an ImageStream solution in place.

There are alternatives -

That being said - from what I have seen ImageStream seems to be an awesome
solution - but some people like apples - other oranges.
Some will only use cisco - others will use IS others will use vyatta and
others who knows what

--

I cannot blame any company for not supporting another companies hardware -

and while I think the warranty voidance is crappy -  I can more than
understand the policy.

If you had a client that installed a Cat 3 cable in place - vs cat 6 to the
unit on the side of the house - thinking they were fixing it...
would you not charge for the service call?

What about the client that replaces it w/ cat 5 but crimps the ends
wrong...

It is hard to support what is not your own.

Can't fault them - and if your not happy then simply buy something else

----